Friday, February 16, 2007

Off she goes, driving across Europe!

As you all know I've been working a lot, okay a TON in Zürich the past year (omg its been a year almost since I moved into this team on a 'short term' basis! eeek!)

I am going to try something new this weekend and drive to Zürich! I am leaving tomorrow afternoon, hopefully arriving sometime before dark, and driving through Belgium, France and Germany before getting to Switzerland. Should be exciting....lets hope my GPS system works and I don't end up in Poland! =)

On the crafty front, I am busy as always. My taking forever WIP project has hit a snafu with the pattern...followed the last section exactly and it ends up twice the size....I'll need to re-do it once I get in the mood....which just might take me another year to find!

I have finished one doily in a light Peach that is 9 inches across and done with DMC Cebelia I think it was:

And have all of the parts of a Dragon for my nephew finished and waiting to be assembled...the picture is missing the scales, which I finished last night. No ambition to sew it all together and weave in ends.....perhaps this weekend

And I finished another Crazy Cloth Dishcloth. I really do enjoy this pattern. It is perfect for sticking in my purse and working on it while I am out and about...waiting for the boyfriend, waiting for my food at the Pita Restaurant, waiting / riding the tram......

My goal for February is still to finish up some of my WIPs that are laying around my house. I'm making progress, so we shall see!

I've also decided that I want to make one doily for every month of the year....12 does not seem like that big of a number, but when one considers how fast I crochet, plus how busy with work I am, plus all of the other projects that I want to make...well, it will be a miracle if I can do it. I've started my second doily already, so progress is being made towards this goal!

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely doily! I can't wait to see that finised dragon.

Megan said...

Love the doily! Have a great time driving to Zurich! (jealous sigh)

Jenny Moore said...

enjoy your drive across europe! look forward to seeing the finished dragon, and your doily is gorgeous! of course, your doily's always are...

Mimi said...

Pretty doily!
Driving across Europe, wow, that's a thrill! How many kilometers would that be?

Anonymous said...

The doily is very pretty!!!Enjoy driving to Zurich!!!!

MrsFife said...

When you get to a place you can stop at, you've been tagged!

Deneen said...

Have a terrific time-oh, to say I am driving across Europe-