Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It came once again......

Last year I prayed that it would not arrive and explained my whole philosophy on the dreaded V-Day But what do you know, its come once again and this year is worse for me due to the added strain of the boy friend.

Last night I explained ever so gently after he asked me if I wanted to go out together tonight to "get a beer" (very romantic boyfriend have I got) that my plans today were to go to work, and then go promptly home and sleep for the next 10 hours. I don't think he understood when I said "Je n'aime pas a demain" that I was referring to the holiday. He seemed puzzled and perplexed. I said that it was just another day. He replied that it was a holiday. I said that it was a stupid holiday an he gave me a look like I was insane.

Really folks. I can not stand this holiday. Granted, Sweetest Day makes me want to slit the wrists of the card marketing person who thought that one up, but Valentines Day comes in a close second for wanting to destroy the person who decided that it should be a commercial holiday.

Okay, I have been enjoying the Conversation Hearts that I picked up in the US. Chomping away. They do really need to come up with some that have Anti-Valentines messages on them. I.e. Go Away, Die, Leave Me, Its Over, I Hate You, Not!, No Way, Not Hot etcetera etcetera etcetera

*sigh*

Its almost over...only 12 more hours for me and then this day is done for yet another year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You & me both, Kimberly! I wish everyone who likes Valentine's Day a good one, but as for me: Bah Humbug!

Kel said...

You know Kimberly, I also don't "celebrate" valentine's day.
I think it is ridiculous that we need a special day to show the ones we love how much we love them.....really, you should do that daily already. People look at me like I am crazy when I say this.
I don't need a day set aside to show my dh how much he means to me. Isn't it more special when someone does something for you unexpected?
Ok~ rant over =)
Have a great day regardless and I hope you get lots of sleep!

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!!!
preach it sista!

umm your blog is showing up on bloglines with a red ! I came to check to see if you'd quit blogging then found out you had indeed been logging lol